Monday, May 5, 2014

I am the Moon, You are the Sun.



I am as strong as an oak tree years old. I am as lovely as the average autumn day. I am as fearful as the moon who governs the night. All the stars in the universe are hers. But you must be the sun, because never before have I been so daunted. You must be the ruler of the day, just as I rule the night. When darkness surrounds, I am loved, I am feared; but to you, I am small, just a reflection of your rays. When people see you and then see me, I am out of place. They smile and find it strange that they can see me in your day. And as long as you are here, I long for night to be near, so once again people will look to my light to guide them through the darkest night and bless my stars that twinkle far as they may relax in the cool quiet of a restful night.

(fiction)

- Lynsi Keye :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment