Monday, May 26, 2014

Human Friend

I've seen you fall
I've seen them mock
I've heard them laugh
and push you back

I'm not an angel from above
not even a hero sent from God
I'm only human, just like them,
but if you want, I'll be your friend

I'll help you up when you hit the ground,
When you hurt, I'll be around,
What I can is what I'll do
I'm your friend and I love you

But I'm only human,
remember that,
I can only do what humans can
So I'll mess up, by and by,

And when I do, lean on God,
I am your friend, but can't do it all
Yet, God is always there
to love, to save, to hear

As your friend, I want your best
So to God, I pray you're led
because He loves more than I can possibly try
So much that for you He would die,

Everyday,
for you I pray,
it's this crazy love,
Jesus made

-------

Happy Memorial Day!
-Lynsi Keye

No comments:

Post a Comment