Thursday, February 26, 2015

#OneLastTimeQ&A

The Rules;)
1. You Must be tagged to take the Q&A quiz
2. You must tag(notify)at least three other bloggers(or whatever they are on)for this Q&A
3. You must answer the following questions to the best of your ability
4. You must have seen The Battle of the Five Armies to be tagged/take the quiz
(don't read unless you have seen the movie; there will be *SPOILERS*)
Questions
1. Tell your story of how you came to see the movie(s) or got into Tolkien in the first place.
The Chronicles of Narnia was my favorite series as a child and that led to my knowledge of Lord of the Rings. I don't remember a time I didn't know about it, but I was never allowed to read and watch it and I thought it was a series full of witchcraft and that sort of thing. The year before the first Hobbit came out (2010, I think), my mom, who was a Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fan as a child, came home with my dad with the first one in hand, declaring, "Let's watch Lord of the Rings!" and so the adventure began. I watched all three (one the first night and the other two the second night) with my younger sister and mom. I loved them so much that when I heard there were extended editions, I immediately set to work to get a hold of them as well as the books. I read the books starting with the Hobbit (which I had been told was boring, but I loved them!) all the way through (it was hard, and I was confused half the time, but everything made sense once I read the ending, including the appendixes) and then watched the extended editions. After that, I learned that the Hobbit was coming out, and I can not describe my elation. That was it, that was the end. I was a Lord of the Rings fan.
2. Who are your three favorite characters in the Hobbit Trilogy?
Really? Really! Only three? Okay, here we go. Bilbo, Thorin, and Bard.
Thorin - I love Thorin, because I see the pain and the trials he goes through, and I see him trying his best to be better than that, against his nature. He's trying to be better than what the world says he is, and I think that is something we can - at least I can - relate to.
Bilbo - Bilbo is like another aspect of us. We live in a rather comfy country and may be satisfied with our small lives, and there is a virtue in that, but there is also a virtue in stepping out as well, and learning new things. I think I can relate to Bilbo in a way that, I love my home, but I also love the road.
Bard - I love Bard because he is almost like a "nobody" who just does the right thing and by doing the right thing, he becomes a hero. Sure he is in line to be king - but that didn't really have a big influence on his character decisions, because for all he knew, Smaug was going to stay there forever. And I love that about him.
3. Did you cry in the Battle of the Five Armies, and if so, which scene(s) and what type(sniffling, sobbing, choke-crying)? 
You know, I don't really cry on demand, even if I feel the feels as much as the sobbing person next to me. It's more of a shock factor then denial. Fili's death moved me and to this day I still say whenever I am dressed mostly in black, "I am still in mourning for Fili." (or some other fictional character, it depends, but mostly Fili) And I feel like crying almost whenever I think about it.  But in a way, by not crying, I feel like it effects me more than it otherwise would.
4. Were the deaths compelling to you, and if so, who's?
I think I answered that question above. Thorin's death moved me when I read the book, so the movie didn't change that. It was hard to get into it, because I was stuck between rage and sorrow during those scenes, because of Kili and Tauriel - but if Kili was going to die for her, I guess they did it right, and I have gotten over it. I still can't feel so much sorrow over it, though.
Fili really killed me when he died because we had so little time to mourn. I mourned and held Kili with Tauriel, I mourned and held Thorin with Bilbo and the company, but there was no one to hold Fili or mourn for him through - if you get what I mean. And so in a way, my heart is still crying over his death.
5. Over all, were you satisfied with the movie itself?

It was, it really was. I loved it. I think Peter Jackson did a great job. I think that he really reflected the attitude and spirit of the book very well and that's the main point. I can't wait to buy and watch the extended scenes.

6. Describe the movie in one word.
Moving
 
Thanks to Sarah for letting me participate and I think all the blogs I follow have already been tagged. If not, count this as your tag! You're it, reader!
 
God bless and have an awesome weekend!
Lynsi Keye

2 comments: