Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lynsi Keye

Hi! My name is Lynsi Keyes. That is actually my pen name and you will often see it spelled Lynsi Keye, not Keyes. My bad. Lynsi is not pronounced Lindsey! It is pronounced Linn-see. Keye[s] is pronounced like Keys. Pretty easy. Yes, they do have stories behind them. I'm an author! Maybe one of these days I'll finish the stories with the characters with those names in it so you can see. :D

I love to write a lot of different genres. I've tried my hand at poetry and continue to. I like to write short stories. I am in the process of writing several long novels, one of which is almost done. I am also working on many others that take place in a fantasy world. I also do children's stories as well as pictures stories. Since I cannot  at present draw well enough for a novel  - at present! - I take pictures off of Pinterest. All photo credit goes to there, unless I say otherwise. I do do some photography of my own.

As for reading! I love legends, myths, and other things like that. I like Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and the Sherlock Holmes canon. I am very much a booky (bookish? something... :P) so I can sometimes get irritated with unnecessary or huge alterations in movies and TV shows. I enjoy certain types of philosophy and apologetics. I've read A Case for Christ and A Case for Faith (the latter was my favorite). I also enjoy Creationism science. It is very interesting. I used to be interested in politics but I've been rather frustrated with it lately. It's always nice to know that Jesus is King.

Which leads me to my next topic. I am a die-heart Christian. I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and am very grateful for His love and forgiveness! If you are the type who want religious people to keep their beliefs at home under the pillow, I'll tell you I am not religious. I have a relationship with my Savior and believe the Bible to be His inspired Word and want everyone to find the love, peace, faith, hope, joy, forgiveness, and FREEDOM I've found. If you don't like that either, I don't think my stories are for you. Jesus is a HUGE part of my life and it would be easier to stop talking about my family than to stop talking about Him. And, if I really love Him, I don't see why I'd try. That's just the way things are. :D


Is there anything else? Oh yes! Vocabulary. I label my stories. I might write after the title:
1) Short story
2) Poem
3) Novel
4) Children's Story
5) Something

1 can actually be fairly long, just not novel long. 4 is short and kept very child friendly. 5 means I have no idea what this is. It's not a poem, it's not a short story, it's just a short writing... the rest are self-explanitory.
Oh, as for 3... they will be posted in intervals, when I finish them. Hopefully by the time I've finished posting one, I'll have another finished!

Oh, and a real quick shout-out to homeschoolers! :D I've been homeschooled all my life and have recently started going to college.

Oh, and I am still working on figuring out the blog, so if the pages on the top don't seem to work, I haven't figured out how to post on them, yet.

-Lynsi


No comments:

Post a Comment