Saturday, August 9, 2014

Obesity????



Okay, it's not Monday and it's not Friday, either, but I told you this vacation would cause things to be a bit on and off. Anyway, I was on Yahoo search or something and I saw one of those "Eat this one thing and you'll have this body" advertizement thing. I never click on them, besides the "eat this" picture looks nasty all the time. But on this particular one, the headless female with her shirt up to show her "enviable" body looked like she was dying of starvation. I paused and read the caption. "This one food to stop obesity dead in it's tracks." Or something up that line. I couldn't help but think, really? If that is what everyone is supposed to look like, what do they consider obesity, because I am pretty sure I do not agree. On top of that, I know many overweight girls who are my friends and are gorgeous. In fact, some of them make me have to embark on a mad adventure to slay the green-eyed dragon monster thing before it ruins a friendship, I think they are so pretty. So basically, it's not weight that matters, it's health, and even that doesn't make a mark on how valuable or desirable a person is. Really, I think it's character that makes a person pretty or not. I know that sounds really, really no-duh or politically correct, but seriously. I am going to go out on a limb here, but take Benedict Cumberbatch. I am not sure if you've heard of him. He plays Sherlock, Khan, Smaug, and a whole bunch of other characters that he portrys with wonderful talent. People love him. Girls fangirl over him, even though he is likely over twice their age! And - here's where I take a chance - he's not exactly handsome. What? Let's be honest, if he wan't so famous for his talent and he didn't play such lovable and not so lovable characters, would you look twice if you saw him at the store? Well maybe, because he does look unique. My personal thoughts on why people consider him so attractive is because of his persona and his persona compliments his unique appearance. He's not the perfect looking guy, which is perfect! If he was, I don't think people could appreciate his singular talents. It's sort of like having a unique name causing the person to stand out (which he has, too!) But his persona compliment his looks, and his looks compliments his persona. That is an example of how character can really change how peope look at how a person looks. And this is very far away from where I started. How'd I get here? It's a good point, anyway. So, in all, even though nice looks can hide a horrid character, a good character can shine and take a unique and not necessarily "perfect" body and make it perfect, like a trademark. You don't have to be like everyone else or what they say you are supposed to be or look like, you be who you were made to be, and you'll rock whatever look you look like! Really, your gorgeous! Why try to compete with a thousand other people to be someone that you are not, lose yourself, and fail (because no one wins) when you can be your perfect self?

No comments:

Post a Comment